Cuyahoga County Farm Bureau Policies For 2017-2018
We the members of the Cuyahoga County Farm Bureau resolve…
- We support the re-introduction of agriculture education and the extended agriculture opportunities at the OSU Agricultural Technical Institute in Wooster, the Ohio State University and vocational schools like Polaris and Cuyahoga Valley Career Center.
- We support legislation to create jobs and grow small, medium and large business in Cuyahoga County.
- We encourage the continued promotion of community gardens and youth learn-to-grow programs.
- 4H Animal Science is a valuable component to youth education. We support our County OSU Extension to continue this program.
- We encourage city officials to allow hunters to reduce overpopulated deer herds to improve the health and well-being of the community and the deer herd.
- To insure long-term success for our county Farm Bureau, we will develop a broader outreach using all media channels to maintain stability and grow membership.
- We encourage NEORSD to develop an equitable storm-water assessment formula for agricultural land in Cuyahoga County.
- We encourage local community officials to explore the value of their residents keeping bees, poultry and goats for honey, eggs and milk products.
- We support programming to educate the public on how to increase pollinator habitat and support an apiary program that includes experienced inspectors to protect the health of the bee-keeping industry.
- We support increased funding for drug, alcohol and mental illness education and rehabilitation.
- We recommend that all government nutrition programs be limited to fruits, vegetables, meat,
dairy and grains and not processed foods.
- We support educational programs to learn about agricultural funding opportunities through
USDA and NRCS for start-up and growing agricultural businesses.
- We support continued efforts to be self-sufficient for our energy needs.
- All bureaucrats should be required to fund their retirement and health insurance with the same
program as the general citizenship of the United States.